There is no doubt that we are in the midst of fall. Leaves are changing colors, the Packers are playing (and winning), and we are about to begin the sixth week of school. This week I am sharing with you some brief updates from around the school community.
- This year we had 100% retention of our homeroom teachers, and our strong enrollment allowed each of them to stay at the same grade level.
- On 9/19 we held our first Site Advisory Council meeting since school began. There were many new faces at the meeting, and we are excited to add the new role of Grade Level Representative to the Council.
- Students completed Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) assessments. Teachers are analyzing these results to help tailor instruction to each student. Teacher teams will then review these results to develop team and building level academic achievement goals.
- Our soccer, volleyball, and cross country teams are competing throughout the Green Bay area.
- During our half-day on 9/27, teachers will be in day three of a five-day training on literacy instruction.
Lastly, I ask each of you to join our community on Friday, 10/4 at the Annual Fall Harvest Festival. This is a wonderful family event that we host here at SJB. Bring your kids to enjoy the carnival games, grab a meal at our concessions or from the food trucks, and get to know a few new families in our community. This event is open to the entire Howard community, so please consider bringing a neighbor or friend.