I pray each of you continues to be healthy and well during this time. The beautiful spring weather seems to be lifting the spirits of everyone right now, as we prepare to finish the school year. St. John the Baptist School continues to be in a strong place to provide academic instruction and support to our families, and we are poised to prepare for our students’ return this fall. Below are some updates on important topics affecting our students and families.
Supply Pick Up
- A supply pick-up and drop-off will be staged in the gymnasium during the week of June 1. There is a schedule based on the family’s last name.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that this process is efficient and safe.
- Here are guidelines and a schedule for the process.
- We continue to have 100% of our families engaged in online learning. Although learning looks different, we are proud to continue to provide a Catholic education for our families.
- As teachers finalize grades for the end of the school year, they understand that each family situation is unique.
- The teachers are preparing academics plans for the fall that are responsive and understanding of the different types of learning that are taking place this spring.
- Teachers will be anticipating learning gaps and reviewing important academic concepts with their students in the fall.
- GRACE and parish leadership are attentive to health guidelines, and the guidelines in the Badger Bounce Back Plan. Once guidelines are established by the CDC and other governing organizations, we are poised to develop strong plans to keep our students safe when we return in the fall.
- As other mandates and guidelines are put into place by our governing organizations, we will continue to remain open and transparent with the parent community about how we will be adopting those changes at St. John the Baptist School.
- Our eighth-graders will be honored with a yard sign and celebration drop-off at their home this month. Their names will also scroll on our school’s digital sign.
- We remain committed to providing an in-person liturgy and recognition ceremony for the eighth graders. Once state guidelines permit us to host a liturgy, we will plan and share details with the families. We hope to be able to gather in prayer this summer, but if not, we will hold a special homecoming Mass in the fall.
- We have a team organizing our Golf Outing and the Online Auction. This team could use your help.
- Families will not be charged for being short of our fundraising service hour requirement. As we prepare to host both the Fall Harvest and Annual Auction in the Fall, families are asked to be generous with their service during that time.
- Due to not holding our Annual Auction this school year, SAC is ending the year approximately $70,000 short of its annual fundraising goal. This money helps to maintain affordable tuition rates and supports technology upgrades.
- Families are encouraged to participate in the upcoming golf outing and the online auction that will follow. If you are in a position to further financially support our school as we prepare for curriculum purchases and facility updates, please contact me at email@example.com.