Welcome to EC-4!
TONIGHT! (17th)-Family Dance Night! 6-9PM, All are welcome! This is our second annual, SAC sponsored, Family Dance! For those of you who missed out last year, this is a FREE event! DJ, lights and FUN included for ALL members of your family! It was a a lot of fun last year- please help to make our 2nd annual dance even better by joining us!
27- NO SCHOOL; Memorial Day
31- Field Trip to Mulberry Lanes Farms (this is a full-day trip)
Classroom News/Updates: last updated 5/17/19
STAR Student this week: We are all finished with STARs for the year!
Letter of the Week: Z/Zebra
Birthdays this month: Genevieve, Paul and Gianna!
This week we learned about seeds and growing! We learned why insects (even bees!) are important and how plants/flowers provide for us as humans! We took a closer look at how God entrusts us to care for his creations and we spent as much time outdoors in the beautiful sunshine as we possibly could! We practiced our letter and shape formations with chalk, took story time to the shade and even picnicked with our snack! We are having a bit of trouble listening- our excitement for the weather and summer is very very high. Please remind your students to be respectful listeners and caring friends. We have 8 more days together and I would love to be able to get the absolute most out of our time! **volume control is our biggest challenge right now 🙂
- Please return field trip permission slips ASAP!
Classroom Needs/Wish List:
- None at this time, Thank you!
Please consider purchasing books from Scholastic Book Orders. Every book ordered earns us FREE books and materials for our classroom! I will send fliers home periodically but you may also shop online at any time. I submit orders every few weeks! To order, follow this link: SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS. You will be asked to enter our classroom code the first time. Our classroom code is: QBCL2
Some fun this week!
Our 5 Rules:
- Listen (using 5 star listening skills – eyes are watching, ears are listening, lips are closed, hands are quiet, feet are quiet)
- Follow Directions
- Raise Your Hand (to talk or leave your seat)
- Show Respect (God, friends, yourself, school)
- Be Safe, Be Honest
* To volunteer in our classroom and/or chaperone field trips, VIRTUS training and a current background check are required. Even if you don’t plan on volunteering in our room regularly, there may be a time when you want to do so, so it is a good idea to attend a VIRTUS session sooner than later. If you attended a VIRTUS session in the past, you do not need to take it again.
* Preschool families are not required to complete service hours. Parents of students in grades K-8 are required to complete service hours.
* If you would like a SCRIP envelope to purchase SCRIP please contact Lynn McKean in the Parish office at email@example.com or 434-2145 ext 208. You may also order on-line! E-mail Lynn to find out how!
*Join our class Remind list for last minute updates (school closures, early release reminders, etc) Your phone number will not be visible to anyone else on the list.
Special Prayer Requests