Welcome to PK-4!
8-Early Release (11:30 AM) due to teacher in-service
22- Early Release (11:30 AM) End of 1st Trimester
27- Early Release (11:30 AM) Thanksgiving Break ***NO EXTENDED CARE
29- NO SCHOOL -Thanksgiving Break
Classroom News/Updates: last updated 11/1/19
I cannot believe it is already November! Thank you to the many parents who were able to join us today at mass! This week was VERY busy! Hearing and Vision screening went smoothly on Monday- you should have received an e-mail from me if any concerns were present for your child. Brown County Health and Human Services also sends a more detailed follow-up directly to you. Wednesday was all things Halloween- with a special lesson from Spookly about being kind to everyone! (and how our differences can make us special!) This afternoon we will focus on the Saints and learning a bit more about what it means to be a Saint and how Saints might guide, assist and help protect us in our lifetime.
This month will fly by- we have a few early release days and time off for Thanksgiving. Please note those listed above for your planning purposes! We will focus on Thanksgiving, having thankful hearts and showing others we are thankful for all they are and for all they do. Of course, we will also talk about how we show God we are thankful throughout the WHOLE year! We will also begin preparing for our Christmas program! That’s right.. CHRISTMAS! It is quite the event and takes a bit of preparation for our little ones. It is always quite memorable. Please save the date on your calendars and invite any grandparents or other interested family members to join you! Wednesday, December 18th – 1:45 PM
- Please see the e-mail notification regarding winter clothing. With dropping temps, you may choose to send it sooner than later to keep your child warm at recess! Thank you!
Classroom Needs/Wish List:
- None at this time, Thank you!
Please consider purchasing books from Scholastic Book Orders. Every book ordered earns us FREE books and materials for our classroom! I will send fliers home periodically but you may also shop online at any time. I submit orders every few weeks! To order, follow this link: SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS. You will be asked to enter our classroom code the first time. Our classroom code is: QBCL2
Our 5 Rules:
- Listen (using 5 star listening skills – eyes are watching, ears are listening, lips are closed, hands are quiet, feet are quiet)
- Follow Directions
- Raise Your Hand (to talk or leave your seat)
- Show Respect (God, friends, yourself, school)
- Be Safe, Be Honest
* To volunteer in our classroom and/or chaperone field trips, VIRTUS training and a current background check are required. Even if you don’t plan on volunteering in our room regularly, there may be a time when you want to do so, so it is a good idea to attend a VIRTUS session sooner than later. If you attended a VIRTUS session in the past, you do not need to take it again.
* Preschool families are not required to complete service hours. Parents of students in grades K-8 are required to complete service hours.
* If you would like a SCRIP envelope to purchase SCRIP please contact Lynn McKean in the Parish office at email@example.com or 434-2145 ext 208. You may also order on-line! E-mail Lynn to find out how!
Special Prayer Requests