Welcome to PK-4!
27- NO SCHOOL; Memorial Day
31- Field Trip to Mulberry Lanes Farms
August 21- Open House Night 3:30-6:30 PM
August 27- First Day of School!
Classroom News/Updates: last updated 5/24/19
This week, we worked hard to show our stuff one last time! I have been gathering work samples and all sorts of other data in a fun, play-based manner in preparation for the final report card! We have also continued to learn about spring, seeds, weather and animals. Lastly, we really have been concentrating on kindness, patience and friendship one last time. During rest time, we have watched all sorts of authors read their books on these topics! I can’t believe our time together is nearly complete! The students have grown by leaps and bounds- I thank you all, again and again, for sharing your children with me this year! Please remember to stop by in the fall 🙂
- Final report cards, summer learning activities and notes regarding any individual goals will be included in a summer packet that will be sent home on the final day of school.
- I will be sending home spare clothing, headphones, gym shoes and rest towels. These items can remain at home when they arrive there- I am trying to minimize how much each child is attempting to carry on June 5th!
- Our End of the Year Ice-Cream social will take place on the final afternoon. If you are interested in sending supplies for our treat, please use this link to sign up! Supplies can be sent whenever- I do have freezer/refrigerator space here at school.
- Thank you to those of you who can join us on the field trip for our last big hurrah together!
Classroom Needs/Wish List:
- None at this time, Thank you for your ongoing and tremendous support this year!
Please consider purchasing books from Scholastic Book Orders. Every book ordered earns us FREE books and materials for our classroom! I will send fliers home periodically but you may also shop online at any time. I submit orders every few weeks! To order, follow this link: SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS. You will be asked to enter our classroom code the first time. Our classroom code is: QBCL2
Some fun this week!
Our 5 Rules:
- Listen (using 5 star listening skills – eyes are watching, ears are listening, lips are closed, hands are quiet, feet are quiet)
- Follow Directions
- Raise Your Hand (to talk or leave your seat)
- Show Respect (God, friends, yourself, school)
- Be Safe, Be Honest
* To volunteer in our classroom and/or chaperone field trips, VIRTUS training and a current background check are required. Even if you don’t plan on volunteering in our room regularly, there may be a time when you want to do so, so it is a good idea to attend a VIRTUS session sooner than later. If you attended a VIRTUS session in the past, you do not need to take it again.
* Preschool families are not required to complete service hours. Parents of students in grades K-8 are required to complete service hours.
* If you would like a SCRIP envelope to purchase SCRIP please contact Lynn McKean in the Parish office at email@example.com or 434-2145 ext 208. You may also order on-line! E-mail Lynn to find out how!
*Join our class Remind list for last minute updates (school closures, early release reminders, etc) Your phone number will not be visible to anyone else on the list.
Special Prayer Requests