7th Grade Social Studies:
Summer Social Studies Ideas:
While enjoying your summer vacation, don’t forget about social studies! Here are a few ideas to keep your historian brains working…
- Stay up-to-date on current events by watching the nightly news, reading the newspaper, or checking news websites regularly.
- Use a roadmap to plan out and organize your family trips.
- Interview a family member from a different generation and find out how things have changed between their childhood and yours.
- Visit the Neville Museum in Green Bay or another museum in a different city and journal about what you learned.
- Watch a documentary on a time period in history or about an important event and share what you learned with a friend.
- Read a historical fiction novel or nonfiction book about an interesting world event.
- Spend a day viewing court trials.
- Explore American government on Ben’s Guide to Government at bensguide.gpo.gov.
- Research countries around the world in the CIA World Factbook at https://www.cia.gov/kids-page
- Follow a dollar bill as it travels through the U.S. economy in Fed 101 at http://www.federalreserveeducation.org/.
I can’t wait to hear about all of the things you did during break!
Have a great summer, everyone!
Current Unit of Study:
Upcoming Due Dates:
Link to 7th Grade Social Studies Class Syllabus: click here