Science in Summer!
Visit a nature preserve:
Barkhausen Waterfowl Preserve
www.co.brown.wi.us (920) 434-2824
Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
www.baybeachwildlife.com (920) 391-3671
Try straw bale gardening.
- No digging or soil preparation is required.
- Bales can be placed on almost any surface.
- Bales are inexpensive.
- This is a non-permanent way to garden.
- Used bales can be spread on the ground to enrich the soil.
- Bales can be purchased at local farm stores. Keep it twined.
Check it out! http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/CEPublications/FS109E/FS109E.pdf
Make a bat house
Make a bird house
Start a Monarch Waystation
Look at the night sky:
Click on “Tonight”
You will be able to learn about astronomy events for any night that you want to explore and discover!
Have a safe summer! Remember to look for the science that surrounds you!