Welcome to Cub Scouts!
Cub Scouts is a program designed for boys in grades 1-5 that emphasizes the core Boy Scout values of responsibility, citizenship, physical fitness, faith, and respect. The adventure begins with Tiger Cubs – a program of fun indoor and outdoor activities just right for a boy who is in first grade. You are there with him as his support and guide, but you don’t do things for him. He will learn by doing things himself. And as he learns and grows, your relationship with him will grow too.
At the end of the school year, he will graduate into a Wolf Cub Scout den. Later he will belong to a Bear den and then he’ll soon become a Webelos Scout. After graduating to a Webelos Scout, he will move on to the adventure of Boy Scouting; where he can earn the Eagle Scout rank, the highest rank in Boy Scouting.
To experience the fun, excitement, and other benefits of Cub Scouting you and your Tiger Cub will attend at least 1 den meeting per month, take a couple of fun field trips with the entire den and pack throughout the year, and participate in the monthly Cub Scout pack meetings. Some of the fun activities we have done as a pack at St. John’s include:
- Sleeping overnight on the USS Cobia submarine
- Scouting for Food for Paul’s Pantry
- Making sandwiches for the Green Bay Homeless Shelter
- Creating a model car for the annual Pinewood Derby Race
- Winter outing at Winter Park Intertube Hill
- Attend “The Courses” orientation training and obstacle course
- Participate in Scout Sunday Mass in February at St. Johns
- Annual Kickball game – Scouts vs. Parents
- Building of weapons of mini destruction
- Cleaning of SJB Parish and School grounds in the Spring
- Many fun camping opportunities throughout the year
For more information on how to join Cub Scouts, please contact Mark or Melissa Warden at 920-661-9195 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Saint John the Baptist Cub Scout Pack 4113 will be having its first meeting of the new 2016-2017 school year on Tuesday, September 20, 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
All new cub scouts and families wishing to join should contact us via email/phone during the summer or by the first week in September of the new school year. We can get you an application to fill out ahead of time and answer any questions you may have with regards to the SJB Cub Scout Pack. Please remember not only are 1st graders welcome to join their first year as Tiger Cub Scouts, but any age up to 5th grade can join at that level in the Cub Scouts. Thanks, Mark & Melissa