Welcome! St. John the Baptist Preschool affords a learning experience where the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, and physical needs of the young child are nurtured. A Christ-centered environment provides a secure setting in which this child can experience activities that enable creativity, self-identity, and cooperation. St. John’s preschool program is one that is activity based, developmentally appropriate, child-centered and faith-enriching. St. John’s recognizes that the child is a priceless gift from a loving Creator.
Our goals in this program are:
- Christian values and attitudes shall permeate every dimension of the early childhood program.
- The developmentally appropriate curriculum shall include considerations for all areas of the child’s development — physical,
- emotional, spiritual, social and cognitive.
- The curriculum shall include age appropriate instruction and opportunities for free play and exploratory activities.
- Children learn by play; play is their work.
- Play shall be child-centered and self-initiated.
- The young child, through play, learns social skills that are foundational to lifelong living.
- Opportunities are provided for children to interact and cooperate with one another in small and large group activities.
- Staff members provide respectful, accepting guidance to facilitate the development of self-control.
- The uniqueness and self-worth of each child is recognized and enhanced with encouragement and motivational incentives.